Luxury Coach for Sale
How to go about finding the ideal luxury coach for sale? This article looks at the types of luxury coach available, ways to find such vehicles, and what to look for.
The Luxury Coach Business
Luxury coaches are often adaptations of more standard vehicles, produced by well-known motor companies. Some coach and bus manufacturers include the following:
Many companies specialize in conversion, taking an existing vehicle body and then adapting it for the particular needs of the end customer. Some examples include the Bus Business of Leeds, Quality Conversions of Southampton and South East Coachworks based in Kent. This is a major and growing business, and it is particularly important to make sure than any luxury coach for sale has been adapted professionally and properly.
- Mercedes-Benz. Of course, a very well-known company with a high reputation for quality. As well as building a range of automobiles, they produce buses, coaches and trucks. Particularly notable are the Polomex joint venture which produces Multego-branded luxury coaches based on the Mercedes-Benz OC500 modular bus chassis and the O404 sleeper coach, popular with touring bands.
- Volkswagen is another well-known manufacturer of passenger cars which also makes luxury coaches. The Crafter is a popular mini-bus design.
- Iveco is an Italian maker of commercial vehicles. The company is controlled by Fiat of Italy and produce a number of special model luxury coaches for sale.
- Ford produce a wide range of commercial passenger vehicles popular with VIP coach builders. Models include the evergreen Transit and the more recent Tourneo mini-buses.
- Maxus is a less well-known brand that emerged from LDV Vans.
- AB Volvo produce a number of bus and coach models.
Where to Look For high quality coaches
Here is a list of some of the Internet sites which have listings where you can find the perfect luxury coach for sale:
These are but a few of the examples of the ideal luxury coach for sale. As can be seen, the investment can be large, so use a professional and choose with care.
- Close asset finance - have a listing section of coaches for sale. Usually a number of good examples. Recent listings include a 1996 Volvo B10M Caetano 49 seater, 2009 VDL Bova Magiq 49 seater, 1985 Volvo Vanhool 53 seater, 2000 MAN Noge 49 seater and 1999 Mercedes Neoplan Starliner 30 seater (the latter including full kitchen, leather seats as well as other luxury fittings).
- The kings ferry - As well as a tour company, Kings Ferry sell second hand hire coaches. Examples include 1998 Scania L94 49 seat, 2000 Bova Futura 10M 38 seat and 2002 Scania K114 74 seat. Prices ranged from around £40,000 to £140,000.
- David Fishwick - a large range of used vehicles, mainly mini-bus and mini-coach. LDV, Mercedes, Citroen, Renault, Ford and Iveco priced from £6,000 to £59,000.
- Nigel McCree - selling a large range of used specialty vehicles, including coaches, double deckers, mini-buses and mini-coaches. Highlights include a 2004 Setra 49 Exec and a 2004 Special Edition Volvo Tour coach with kitchen dinette, lounge/conference room, shower and WC. This VIP vehicle was priced at £145,000 plus VAT.
↑ Back to Top